Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life is good

Well I survived my first week back at work. My schedule is the same as it was before I went on leave. 4 on 2 off 2 on then 6 off. Except now I'm on days and I feel amazing.
I'm still doing good on my diet although I did eat some cake for our anniversary. Yes anniversary, Jim and I celebrated our one year March 24th. It's been a crazy year for us but we have a great appreciation for each other and are both so thankful for each other.
I did have a little scare awhile ago. I had found an enlarged lymph node behind my ear. I emailed my doctor immediately and had the choice to do another scan or just wait till my next one. Every scan you do increases your radiation exposure and risk of cancer. I spoke with my oncologist and she didn't seemed concerned about it so I decided to go ahead and wait till the end of April when I'm due for my scan. A few weeks later the lymph node was gone so it was probably a reactive lymph node.
Everything is going so well. Which kind of scares me. I just keep waiting for something to go wrong. I know you all are reading this and thinking I'm crazy and you are probably right.
I would like to end this post with a quote I saw the other night. "My life would be perfect if it weren't for cancer. But if it weren't for cancer would I even know it?"
I don't think I would. I use to take everything for granted. I use to eat whatever I wanted and never exercised. (I'm one of those people you hate that never gains weight). So I would never say that I am glad that I had cancer I sure am glad about the changes it has forced me to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment